Pull-A-Part, LLC is a chain of automotive recycling yards in the United States where customers bring their tools to remove parts from used vehicles. There are 25 locations in 12 states. All Pull-A-Part yards are self-service; you pay only for the parts you take out of the vehicle. Not only does Pull-A-Part offer great deals on used car parts, but they also have a warranty program. You can read about my detailed experience with the Pull-A-Part near me and how to take advantage of their various programs designed to save you money.
Map of Pull-A-Part Near Me
For “Pull-A-Part Near Me”, see the map below…
Pull-A-Part is committed to environmental responsibility and works closely with environmental management programs to recycle scrap vehicles. In 2008 the EPA recognized them for their participation in the EPA’s National Partnership for Environmental Priorities.
How Does The Pull A Part Near Me Operate
At Pull-A-Part, they sell junked cars and salvage auto parts that can be reused. You can often find parts that are 75% or more off the retail price. For a fee of $2 to enter ($1 for VIP members), you can walk the yard and look for parts. When you find the parts you need, you use your tools to pull them off the vehicles. You only pay for what you take!
Here’s how you DIY with Pull-A-Part Yard:
- Search their inventory by location, vehicle make, and mode (They inventory vehicles and not the specific parts). You can also Search New On Yard for vehicles that have come into their yards within 24 hrs, 48 hrs, or the last 7 days.
- If you don’t find the vehicle you need you can use the Search Parts Interchange for more options or sign up for email alerts and they text or email you when the vehicle you need enters the inventory.
- To figure out what the parts cost beforehand to set your budget you can check the parts pricing page.
Where do Self Service Salage Yards get Vehicles From
The Pull-A-Part near me purchases junk vehicles from a variety of sources, such as salvage auctions, insurance companies, business liquidations, charities, tow companies, and private owners. The Pull-A-Part near me typically has 500+ vehicles, and all their locations have hundreds, if not more.
How Do They Process Their Vehicle Inventory?
On October 15, 2009, Pull-A-Part was the first company to be awarded the Indiana Clean Yard – Gold Level Award from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM).
- They rid each car of all fluids like gas, oil, and refrigerant from the air conditioning system before shipping it for recycling or selling the material for reuse (like engine coolant).
- Mercury switches, which have the potential to contaminate 132,000 gallons of drinking water, are removed and recycled through the EPA‘s National Vehicle Mercury Switch Removal Program (NVMSRP).
- After a testing period, lead-acid batteries that are in working condition are resold while those that are damaged beyond repair are palletized and shipped offsite. The lead and plastic from the unserviceable batteries is recycled, and the acid can be used again.
- They remove catalytic converters and ship them offsite to recover the metals inside of them.
When Pull-A-Part combines these practices with their used parts retail sector, they reduce the amount of waste from scrapped vehicles by 21 percent compared to typical vehicle shredding practices.
How The Yard is Arranged?
Pull-A-Part is known for having vehicles placed in orderly rows grouped by make and model. It makes it much easier to find your vehicle when you get there. Rather than just walking the yard and hoping to get lucky, doing your research upfront is the way to go.
At Pull A Part, our junkyard inventory is computer-accessible and updated daily. You can also contact customer service to look up any part you need and they will be able to tell you which other makes, models, and years also use the same part. They will also know exactly where each corresponding car is located in the lot.
The more types of cars available to you wit interchangeable parts, the higher your chances are of finding precisely what you need.
After a Vehicle is Stripped Down…
Vehicles that have been sitting in the yard for an extended period of time and are pretty well-stripped will be removed. The removal process includes crushing the vehicle and selling it for scrap metal.
Checking inventory levels regularly allows them to free up space on the lot for new arrivals. This turnover gives customers more fresh options and parts to choose from.
What Makes Pull-A-Part Different?
Although Pull-A-Part may give off a corporate junkyard vibe unlike your local mom-and-pop salvo, there are still several benefits to visiting them:
- You can use our online searchable inventory to find salvage yards that have the make and model of vehicle you need.
- They offer email and text alerts that you can set up to receive when vehicles you are interested in arrive in the yard closest to you.
- You can search for just new inventory on their website.
- The yards are organized neatly in rows and each vehicle is tagged so when you find it online, you know exactly where it sits on the lot.
- They have a Parts Interchange System that will show you other vehicles with matching parts.
- To ensure both safety and efficiency, all vehicles are kept off the ground on support structures.
- Parts are often up to 75% off.
- You can save money at this store by using coupons and taking advantage of their free VIP program.
- 30 Day-free exchange on parts or store credit (store credits never expire (if you’re not a VIP member, it’s your responsibility to keep track of the receipt with your listed credits).
Does the Pull-A-Part Near Me Buy Cars?
Yes, Pull A Part has cash for junk car buying programs. The types of vehicles they typically buy are as follows:
- Passenger cars
- Minivans or Vans
- Trucks (like pickup trucks, not semi-trucks)
It doesn’t matter the make, model, or if it is a foreign or domestic vehicle. It can be running or not. If your vehicle is running, try to negotiate a higher sales price for it.
How to Sell Them a Vehicle:
The process to sell your junk car for cash to a Pull-A-Part junkyard is as follows:
- There are two ways to get started: either call them or get an instant quote online. With either option, you simply provide a few details about the Year, Make, Model, Location, and Condition of the automobile.
- They give you an immediate, obligation-free price quote to buy your junk car.
- You can schedule your free junk car removal after you accept our offer. They come and pick it up at no cost to you.
- They will pick up your vehicle within 24 hours and pay you cash when they arrive.
Do You Need the Vehicle’s Title?
Junk car laws vary by state, but they will know what is needed to transfer ownership of your vehicle in your state. In most instances, you will need your title at the time of pick-up. The paperwork and processing for transferring ownership of your car will be taken care of by Pull A Part according to the ownership transfer laws in your state.
Before You Sell Them a Vehicle:
If you are planning on selling your junk car, be prepared to negotiate. In my experience with the Pull A Part near me, they say they give top dollar for cars, but their first offer is only equal to the scrap value of the vehicle.
If your car still runs or was recently taken off the road, try negotiating a higher sales value by mentioning that it still works and listing any quality parts that are still attached.
Pull-A-Part VIP Program
By signing up for the VIP Club, you can take advantage of a few extra benefits such as:
- Tracking your purchases and history
- Earning rewards
- Saving money on admissions (Save a $1 on entrance fee)
Pull-A-Part Warranty Program
If you’re not content with your order of used auto parts within 30 days of the purchase date, bring back the item along with your receipt for a refund or exchange. They will not honor any returns or exchanges without a receipt.
At Pull-A-Part, you can exchange like parts or return them for a store credit (which doesn’t expire) that’s redeemable at any of our locations. Except core deposits, they don’t do cash refunds for returns. The part(s) must be the same as what was originally bought, correctly labeled with the original Pull-A-Part markings, and not dismantled.
Pull-A-Part offers a 120-day extended warranty on some types of used auto parts. If the part(s) you are purchasing are eligible for an extended warranty, your cashier will inform you of this option and collect the additional fee at your time of purchase. You have 120 days from the date of your purchase to return or exchange parts covered by an extended warranty. For any other returns, you have 30 days from the date of your purchase.
Pro Junkyarding Tip: Get an extended warranty on anything mechanical like a transmission, motor, etc…
What Kind of Used Auto Parts Can You Find?
At these vehicle salvage sites, you can find parts for the most popular car makes and models. Some of the most common parts I find are A/C compressors, headlight assemblies, starters, alternators, axles, brake master cylinders, cylinder heads, distributor engines, heater motors, engines, and transmissions.
The Pros and Cons of Purchasing Used Auto Parts
Every automotive salvage yard has both good and bad points to consider before buying used auto parts.
- Saving money.
- Finding OEM parts at huge discounts.
- Ideal place for finding parts for auto restoration.
- Benefits the environment and supports the recycling industry.
- Potential for low-quality parts that fail.
Location and Hours for Pull-A-Part
Pull-A-Part is open 7 days a week except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. Each location may maintain different hours so it’s best to check the individual locations’ websites or call ahead.
You can find Pull-A-Part junkyards in the following states:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Pull-A-Part Near Me Conclusion
I hope this Pull-A-Part near me guide has been helpful. Now that you know what to expect, I recommend visiting one of these salvage sites and seeing for yourself how much money you can save on used car parts! This is what I have learned from my experience with the Pull-A-Part near me.